Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Blog #5

Lupe Fiasco is a young hip-hop/rap artist who i personally like. His lyrical verses are insightful and deliver more of a message of whats going on in the world rather than how big his rims on his "whip" is. This song i chose, "Little Weapon" is from his "The Cool" album. I usually just download the music i like from the internet but rarely if i really like the album i'll actually pay for it. This song kind of speaks to me about individuals (more than likely about little kids that don't know any better) that have struggled in life and live a certain way to get by or live up to the standards of our society. Its political, about war, the government and living through all the pain and struggle. Are you man enough to fight for what you believe in or are you smart enough to acknowledge that the government had led you to believe that you are fighting for a better and more peaceful world? This song is hard, period. I could go on about every little aspect of imagery through his lyrical verses, but i think i already got to the point. Enjoy the video, and listen to "Hello/Goodbye" by Lupe Fiasco as well, it makes me think about 2012. -Mia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ra9DVewxdo


2 comments:

  1. I like the lyrics--and the "little weapon" chorus. There is a variety of protest/social commentary songs in rap music it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.
    I never heard of this song but I will check it out.
    I like how it shows the views you have presented about the song.

    ReplyDelete